[Foundation-l] Tell us about your Wikipedia

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 20:30:07 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Ziko van Dijk <zvandijk at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Because people like GerardM from Betawiki and others have to migrate
> from village pump to village pump to inform about useful thing for all
> Wikipedias, I have set up
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/All_Wikipedia_Pin_Board
> but for so long I am the only who ever posted... Maybe it will work,
> maybe not. Without doubt, it would at least save a lot of work to
> GerardM. :-)

There has been a longstanding request for some technical measure that
provides for a /real/ all-language pinboard that is automatically posted to
all small wikis, or to all wikis that opt in, or to all wikis with an option
to opt out.  A way to share messages that are assumed to be multilingual,
which are displayed in the local lang if translated, or the nearest larger
parent lang... with a link to a meta page where announcements are suggested
(perhaps the Pin Board itself).

Is anyone thinking about how this might be implemented?

SJ