[Foundation-l] [Commons-l] PD-art and official "position of theWMF"

Nemo_bis nemowiki at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 08:58:00 UTC 2008

A side-note:

>some proposal of law changes introducing a
>kind of fair use were made (then afaik the Government fell and it all got
>stuck).

Yes. An under-secretary said that we have panorama freedom because tha law does not say the contrary, and that our "short quotation right" is similar to the USA fair use, but the state machinery does not seem to think so. The parliamentary Culture committee approved a law emendation to extend the quotation right to images and music for didactic non commercial sites, but a further decree was required...

Nemo