[Foundation-l] Finding copyright violations with CopyScape tool

vacuum at jeb.no vacuum at jeb.no
Sun Aug 24 08:59:55 UTC 2008

I'm currently experimenting with a Javascript gadget that enables live copyvio searches at the Norwegian Wikipedia. The searches uses Yahoo! as the search engine. For the moment a few additional features are lacking, like copyvio searches in old contributions to articles.

If the tool should be popular Yahoo! should probably be contacted as the load generated could be pretty huge. I haven't tried to gather any usage statistics but I guess a couple of searches are generated per 100 contributions or something similar. A gross guess at no.wp we generate somewhere between 100 and 1000 such searches each day.

Unfortunately the documentation is only available in Norwegian.

John