[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] The Wikimania of my dreams

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 20:42:06 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 1:11 PM, Andrew Whitworth <wknight8111 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Dan Rosenthal <swatjester at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Wikimania of my dreams:
> >
> > Transportation: Each participant who verifies themselves to the
> > foundation as a sysop on any Wikimedia project, gets their conference
> > entrance fee waived. All Foundation employees and board members must be
> > required to ride Segway scooters the entire time they are at the project.
>
> And as usual, bureaucrats, checkusers, and stewards will also be paid
> a small attendance bonus, in addition to their annual salaries.

You don't even have to dream for that part.  And Oversights and Developers,
in addition to their travel stipend, get an extra security clearance and
back-stage pass for a guest (presumably, whoever they currently let watch
over their shoulder while oversighting things or manually updating the
databases).

And on a ligher note, +1 to Renata for the need for a Wikipedia-focused
conference -- one of the miniconfs that WMania can spawn.

SJ