[Foundation-l] "Wikidrama" and autonomy of Wikimedia projects

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 23:29:26 UTC 2008

> There are two separate issues bright ou here:
>  * the issue of communicating a guideline or rule of thumb to all projects
> (ways to have a cross-wiki discussion, about vandalism or checkuser or
> other; which can be discussed on Meta as a starting point), and
>  * the issue of having cross-wiki policies (we do have a few, but it's not
> that easy to figure out what they are or to propose new ones)

Some form of WikiCouncil would probably be the way to resolve those
issues. The council could have a committee with the task of acting as
a go-between for projects on issues of cross-wiki vandalism, etc.
Individuals can handle it on their own in most cases (language
barriers may be an issue, but there are already ways of finding
translators), but a committee might be more efficient.