[Foundation-l] Note regarding status of privacy policy (suggestion)

private musings thepmaccount at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 11:25:20 UTC 2008

yup... I'm a bad little thing!

....this is an attempt at levity - David's comments could do with a bit of
context - but yeah, people should be aware of my situation. I'm more than
happy to chat about it if anyone wants to contact me - it's certainly what
led me to look further into the role of checkuser, and was the seed which
led to my belief that the oversight of checkuser processes currently doesn't
do enough to prevent wik-political misuse of the tool.

actually.. this gives me the welcome opportunity to reiterate where I see
the centre of this discussion;

Does it really matter if people are checkusered regularly, with a liberally
low bar, and the information garnered from such checks is shared between
friends and colleagues equally liberally?

I very much feel like I'm finding my feet at this list, so will lurk a bit
more now lest I run the risk of being placed on moderation for disruption...
this list is pretty heated, isn't it!

Peter,
PM.