[Foundation-l] Note regarding status of privacy policy (suggestion)

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 07:07:08 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Security through obscurity is when the way the security is implemented is
undocumented, it is not peer reviewed. If anything this does not apply to
the WMF, the MediaWiki software and the policies as implemented by our
communities. When precise details like how long are results from check user
activity retained are public knowledge, the only persons who benefit from
this knowledge are the persons who aim to game the system. When they
consider that this information stays available, it will hinder their ability
to make mischief.
Thanks,
       GerardM