[Foundation-l] Note regarding status of privacy policy

Al Tally majorly.wiki at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 10 01:46:04 UTC 2008

2008/8/10 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>

> > There's no way they can be voted against, until their three year term
> ends.
> > Even then, they don't lose the extra privs granted to them.
>
> They don't lose the checkuser bit, but they do lose their seat on the
> committee that handles complaints about checkusers, which is the
> important thing.

Hmm, not really. Right, they lose the right to vote in cases. But they keep
everything else; including checkuser/oversight rights, access to the arbcom
list, a voice in discussion of checkuser candidates (I'm sure people are
familiar with the leak about my own request, if not pm me), and they also
request things on "behalf of arbcom" - two users to do this were Dmcdevit
and Raul654.

They may not be *on* the arbcom, but they're still considered as members
until they actually properly quit.

--
Al Tally
(User:Majorly)