[Foundation-l] Nominating Committee organized

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 04:24:47 UTC 2008

Michael Snow wrote:
> I am happy to report on our progress in filling out the Board of
> Trustees with members who bring additional skills and expertise to help
> the Wikimedia Foundation in its work. We have filled the membership of
> the Nominating Committee and are ready to begin work. The committee will
> consist of:
> * Ting Chen, our newly elected board member
> * Milos Rancic
> * Birgitte SB
> * Melissa Hagemann, from the Advisory Board
> * Sue Gardner, our Executive Director
> * and myself.
>
> Thanks again to all those who expressed interest in helping with the
> process.
>
> Initially, once the committee has been briefed, it will work on
> identifying the types of expertise that are most needed and developing
> criteria to evaluate candidates. At that point, we will more actively
> solicit suggestions for potential board members, including
> recommendations from the community. But if you have input that would be
> useful as we look to strengthen the board's skills, feel free to contact
> us at any stage of the process.
>
> --Michael Snow

Uhm, sorry about the reply without content. As often
happens, the button I pressed and the button I meant
to press, were two different things :-S

In any case; what I wanted to say is...

The people on the committee seem to be a joyfully
good group of people. I hope the results are likewise.

I especially like how the list of committee-men is
devoid of "the usual suspects". Shows we have a
range of good people.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen