[Foundation-l] Nominating Committee organized

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Fri Aug 8 21:51:24 UTC 2008

I am happy to report on our progress in filling out the Board of
Trustees with members who bring additional skills and expertise to help
the Wikimedia Foundation in its work. We have filled the membership of
the Nominating Committee and are ready to begin work. The committee will
consist of:
* Ting Chen, our newly elected board member
* Milos Rancic
* Birgitte SB
* Melissa Hagemann, from the Advisory Board
* Sue Gardner, our Executive Director
* and myself.

Thanks again to all those who expressed interest in helping with the
process.

Initially, once the committee has been briefed, it will work on
identifying the types of expertise that are most needed and developing
criteria to evaluate candidates. At that point, we will more actively
solicit suggestions for potential board members, including
recommendations from the community. But if you have input that would be
useful as we look to strengthen the board's skills, feel free to contact
us at any stage of the process.

--Michael Snow