[Foundation-l] Board restructuring and community

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Wed Apr 30 11:37:38 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 7:15 PM, Alison Wheeler
<wikimedia at alisonwheeler.com> wrote:
>  Taking my Chapter hat off for a moment, most Boards or organisations - be
>  they major or minor, profit-seeking or charitable - will choose to have
>  50% (or more) of their board as non-executives (ie external) who bring
>  useful skills, expertise and contacts to the table.

What do you mean by non-executive/external?  None of the board of the
WMF is employed by the foundation, so in that sense you can say all
are "non-executive/external".  But I'd like to see examples of
non-profit boards in particular (the skills for for-profit board
members are IMO very different) which fit the majority you're
referring to.