[Foundation-l] Community of the Wikimedian Projects

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 02:47:22 UTC 2008

Hopelessly so. Wikimedia Foundation is a company with a specific purpose,
not an opportunity for governance experiments. Complicated political
structures have no real place, and most attempts to create them (including a
few of yours, Geoffrey) fail just out of the gate. Simple systems work and
we have problems enough with inertia without recreating the United Nations
(itself a model of bureaucratic ineffectiveness).

Nathan