[Foundation-l] Bertelsmann publishes "Wikipedia Encyclopedia in One Volume"

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 12:22:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Oldak Quill <oldakquill at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Perhaps the peeved approach is not the best way to respond =] Assuming
>  that I am not misinterpreting what Ziko said regarding FAZ, does the
>  newspaper provide an opportunity to respond?

FAZ wrote three articles on that news yesterday and two more today. I
spoke with two of the journalist and it was an honest exchange of
ideas and facts.

There was some irony in this conversation when they complained to me
that this news was blown out of proportion by the media and that there
are much more interesting topics at wikipedia to talk about. In
return, I gave them a list of topics they at least should be
interested in, for example Semantic MediaWiki.

All in all, it was a good thing we spoke :)

Mathias