[Foundation-l] Ancient Greek Wikipedia

Marcus Buck me at marcusbuck.org
Sun Apr 13 13:51:06 UTC 2008

It is obvious, that knowledge of Ancient Greek is not widespread (from a
global point of view). For example, nobody here on he list actually
knows much about the language and it's use today. People are uttering
their opinions, and those opinions are often very clear, not blurred by
too much knowledge. Therefore I invite everybody interested in the
Ancient Greek Wikipedia project and also everybody who just feels, that
the decisions of the language subcommittee are unjust, to collect
sourced data about the number of people who speak/learn/teach/write in
Ancient Greek and to collect modern works, which proof, that Ancient
Greek is no dead language, but actively used still today. I made a start
at <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Slomox/Greek>. Please feel free
to add to that page.

Marcus Buck