[Foundation-l] Proposal: Addition to the general disclaimer

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 13 11:40:57 UTC 2008

Florence Devouard wrote:
> Casey Brown wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>  and providing the appropriate contact, in particular a proper address
>>>  consistant project-wide (right now, commons mentions the SF address,
>>>  whilst the WMF site stills mentions the Florida address).
>>>
>> Hrm, I don't think that is something we can just update.  I asked Cary
>> about it when we updated the "Contact us" page with the San Francisco
>> address, and we thought that we'd need another signed letter from
>> Congress to change the address from St. Pete to San Fran.
>
> I did not change this information. I am merely pointing out to it :-)
>
> ant

Hello again

just for the record....

WAS 4.250 pointed out

"you may care to read [http://www.copyright.gov/onlinesp/ The US
Government's copyright office's page on Online Service Providers -
Service Provider Designation of Agent to Receive Notification of Claims
of Infringement]. Certain rules must be followed in order to take
advantage of the protections afforded by the [[Digital Millennium
Copyright Act]]. For example, "An Interim Designation or an Amended
Designation must be accompanied by an $80 fee".
[http://www.copyright.gov/onlinesp/agents/wikimedf.pdf Our former filing
in 2005] shows we paid $30 then.   [[User:WAS 4.250|WAS 4.250]] ([[User
talk:WAS 4.250|talk]]) 03:32, 13 April 2008 (UTC)"

The email address indicated on the filling is not used anymore. It is
completely spammed. It goes to an OTRS queue. The good news is that
someone seems to check it from time to time, because the 79 emails (78
spam) were less than 2 days old. Still, no one should use this address
anymore.

Ant