[Foundation-l] A PC instead of a VC

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Apr 8 01:45:23 UTC 2008

Mike Godwin wrote:
> Geoffrey writes:
>
>> Mike, what if the Project/Community Council is informal? From what I
>> remember, if you can't serve a entity, you can't sue it.
>>
> True, as I noted in my previous message. But individuals can be sued
> (just as individual editors/contributors can be sued).
But isn't this just another instance of imagining far-fetched
circumstances, and acting as if they were a reality.  Personally, there
is nothing in what I do that makes me worried about being sued.  (Sure
there are nutcases that would sue at the drop of a hat, but that is just
a fact of life.)  I sure don't expect WMF to come to the rescue if I
happen to fuck up. Nor do I expect that it would waste money doing that
for anybody else.

Ec