[Foundation-l] A PC instead of a VC

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 15:18:37 UTC 2008

The difference between ChapCom and LangCom, and the VC's are that the
end result of their actions are merely the opening/closing of chapters
or languages (I'm sure I'm insulting someone from those two committees
by oversimplification, but please bear out the whole analogy), whereas
with the VC, the end result of their actions are the representation
and advisement of the community as a whole to the board, something
significantly more important. Surely you can understand the difference
here. The existing committees don't affect anything that could cause
significant legal problems for the foundation, whereas the VC
potentially does. It would be rash to proceed at all without viewing
the creation of any such representative body through the lens of
what's acceptable legally, and for that  we need Mike's (or someone
else's) opinion.

-Dan