[Foundation-l] A question for the Wikimania jury

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Wed Apr 2 03:50:45 UTC 2008

Mark Ryan wrote:
> One question that I haven't seen answered relating to the jury process
> (and I might have missed it) is why was there such a long delay
> between the scheduled time for announcement of the winner, and the
> actual announcement?

Coming as we do from a culture based on discussion leading to consensus,
it's a bit of a challenge to wrench the process to a conclusion ahead of
the time that would be required if the discussion was left to run its
course. Despite efforts to accelerate things to meet deadlines, it felt
a bit like pulling teeth. Personally I offer my apologies to all of the
bid teams on this point.

--Michael Snow