[Foundation-l] Relocation announcement

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 06:13:24 UTC 2007

On 9/22/07, Stephen Bain <stephen.bain at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/23/07, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> >
> > If that includes a small apartment building.  We could have a wiki-house
> > as a place for visitors to find inexpensive accommodation.
>
> It would be tricky to maintain; people would always be rearranging the
> furniture.

Where's the picture of the whiteboard en.wikipedia home page art when
you need it...?

Commenting on SF Bay Area housing - It's very expensive, but there are
reasonably nice lower price areas with good commute options.  If the
Foundation ends up near the BART rapid transit system (hopefully!),
then that runs from far out in the East Bay in four separate
directions, in through San Francisco proper and south of it.  Houses
and condos and appartments are far cheaper in Livermore, Walnut Creek,
etc. than in San Francisco or Cupertino.

I hope that the Foundation considers locating outside San Francisco
city limits, however; getting in to San Francisco if you're not coming
in on BART can be difficult at rush hour.  In particular, for coming
in for meetings and the like, downtown SF is hard to get into and find
parking in at midday.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com