[Foundation-l] quality.wikimedia.org and wikiquality-l launched

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 08:03:28 UTC 2007

Erik Moeller wrote:
> [Please translate this announcement into other languages.]
>
> Wikipedia's roots in the more conservative Nupedia project are reflected by
> many in-depth discussions we've had over the years about quality assurance,
> filtering, and labeling.
>
> In her "4 wishes for the year 2007" [1], Wikimedia Foundation Chair
> Florence Devouard also identified "reliability" as a key goal for the
> Wikimedia Foundation. Today we're taking two small steps towards that
> goal:
>
> * the launch of http://quality.wikimedia.org/ as a portal targeting
> readers and volunteers to summarize key information about current
> quality initiatives, combined with
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikiquality as a more in-depth
> description of our plans,
>
> * the opening of wikiquality-l as a mailing list for related discussions:
>
> Notably, these pages describe our current plans with regard to the
> "FlaggedRevs" extension, a MediaWiki extension developed by Aaron
> Schulz and Jörg Baach (with financial support from Wikimedia
> Deutschland e.V.) which makes it possible to identify revisions of
> articles that are known to be of a certain quality, and to change the
> default view based on that information.
>
> The public beta of this feature (initially on dummy websites, i.e. not
> production environments) will begin as soon as a security review of
> the current code has been completed (expected later this month). In
> the meantime, please give your feedback on the quality.wikimedia.org
> portal, add translations, and subscribe to wikiquality-l to join
> future discussions about the specifics of any particular initiative.
>
> [1] http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/4_wishes_for_year_2007
>
> Sincerely,
> Erik Möller
> Board member, Wikimedia Foundation

Erik,

I feel a bit thick, but I can not find in any of the pages you list
here, how to access to the test site. The quality site indicates that
people can help in testing the feature... but where can it be found ?
The quality site refers to the meta page. And I can not find any link to
the test site.
I know I already went there in the past, but how can people go ? (well,
I presume they are meant to go). Errr, missing link ?

Ant