[Foundation-l] Wikizine - Special edition

Walter Vermeir walter at wikipedia.be
Wed Sep 19 19:24:02 UTC 2007

SJ Klein schreef:
> Walter,
>
> I for one have really appreciated all of your hard work on this;
> wikizine has been invaluable.
>
> What do you think of running a month-long workshop to train a group of
> people in the details of making a publication such as wikizine happen?
>
> There are many good and interested writers and community-journalists
> across the projects, and I think many of them, even wikizine readers,
> simply don't realize that there is need to contribute to wikizine
> itself, or don't know in enough detail how it is put together to
> imagine themselves doing one of the related chores.
>
> SJ

Hi SJ,

Well, that is why I post this request for help. I do not understand what
 you mean with a "month-long workshop" in this context. I request people
to help with wikizine. People interested can contact me.

Then we proceed, I explain how things work and what exactly can be done.
 And then we will see what comes from it and how long it will last.
There is not really training involved. I will try to guide it so that
Wikizine remains wikizine and not something else but that is basically
it (Wikizine concept and style).  It is mostly a matter of doing it, not
training.  And finding people who will help to make it happen of course.

Greetings,
Walter
--
Contact: walter AT wikizine DOT org
Wikizine.org - news for and about the Wikimedia community