[Foundation-l] [FR 07] Fundraiser 2007 - Responsiveness of Community

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Sun Sep 16 21:37:03 UTC 2007

geni schrieb:
> On 16/09/2007, Sabine Cretella <sabine_cretella at yahoo.it> wrote:
>
>> Many of you eventually know that I am dealing with the Fundraiser 2007
>> of the Wikimedia Foundation ... well ... there is one thing I feel a bit
>> strange about: it seems as if general messages in village pumps and
>> mailing lists where we ask for help simply don't go through ... or
>> people simply don't read ...
>>

> Or people have concluded that based on what has happened in the past
> that whatever they do fundraising will amount to a banner in the site
> notice.

Hmmm ... that would mean that there is a lot of pessimism around ...
fact is: we will try and need to reach also people who normally did not
donate or did not even note/know that there is a fundraiser and we will
need to do this in one or the other way. I would prefer the one way ...
if I have to consider other ways, well ... I don't really want to
consider it, for now I still believe in the community that is invited to
play its part.

Thanks, Sabine