[Foundation-l] Let's switch to CC-BY-SA

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 20:17:01 UTC 2007

2007/9/11, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:
> > Still I don't see how to warp either the term or the definition of
> > "title page" to have it include the history page.
>
> The title page is the page with the title on it. If we consider the
> title to be the permanent url for the revision in question (which we
> need to if it's going to count as changing each edit) then the title
> page *is* the history page.

That's really convoluted... You have to redefine the title to adhere
to the GFDL. You then consider a separate sub-page to be the "most
prominent appearance of the work's title, preceding the beginning of
the body of the text". That's not bending the license any more. That's
breaking it.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels