[Foundation-l] Let's switch to CC-BY-SA

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 15:11:10 UTC 2007

2007/9/11, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:

> It all boils down to "the spirit of the license". As long as we don't
> violate the spirit of the license (which we don't), we should be fine.
> If not legally, then at least morally.

I don't agree. Either we keep to the license, or we don't. If we
don't, then we don't have a moral right to force others to keep to the
license either. And then we would do better to switch to CC-BY-SA, or
to write our own license that does state what we really want others
and ourselves to do.

If we have the right to publish things under the GFDL as if they were
licensed under CC-BY-SA, then we cannot deny others the right to
republish them under CC-BY-SA either.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels