[Foundation-l] Let's switch to CC-BY-SA

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 15:07:49 UTC 2007

2007/9/11, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:
> > Hiding the five primary authors on "the history page" rather than
> > prominently declaring them next to the title is not, in my opinion, de
> > minimis.
>
> Considering the difficulty in identifying the primary authors, I
> disagree. Who the primary authors of a Wikipedia page are is highly
> subjective.

That's easily resolved by the GFDL itself: It does not require "the
five primary authors", but "five of the principal authors". You don't
have to make the same choice I would do, as long as you make one that
would be considered a reasonable choice. Apart from those five, the
author of the current version should also be included, by the way.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels