[Foundation-l] Let's switch to CC-BY-SA

Axel Boldt axelboldt at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 00:57:18 UTC 2007

--- geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:

> And the derivs? You would risk shredding wikipedia.

Should any contributors show up who don't want their material
distributed under CC-BY-SA, you just ask them what text in current
articles was written by them, and you delete it.

> Can't. We don't have the capacity to delete on that scale.

I expect the scale to be minuscule.

> Nope. Dissagreement over what counts as a deriv is rather
> significant.

The term "derivative work" occurs in both licenses and its meaning
cannot be changed by a license text; it's defined by law and by the
courts.

--Axel