[Foundation-l] Software Policy Draft

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Sep 5 13:47:50 UTC 2007

On 9/5/07, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Being open and kind is one of our values just as freedom is one of our
> values.
> It does not mean we should always be 100% open and kind

Can you give an example where we wouldn't be "100% open"? I'm not
talking about situations where we would be open _and_ doing something
equivalent which is proprietary, but those where we would truly only
offer a proprietary solution.

It seems to me that such scenarios will always and very deeply,
fundamentally contradict our mission to provide unrestricted access to
education.

--
Toward Peace, Love & Progress:
Erik