[Foundation-l] Wikijunior - State of the Project

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 22:21:26 UTC 2007

On Oct 30, 2007 8:16 PM, Randy Wilson <xixtas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Randy Wilson and I have been working at Wikijunior for the
> last year. Because many of you are probably not terribly familiar with
> Wikijunior, I would like to give you an overview of the project and
> also give my opinion about some of the recent conversation.

Thanks for the report, Randy. I know I and others have wondered how
Wikijunior has done the last few years; it's nice to know it's grown
and hopefully your note will attract interest and people to help out.

Once the books are finished, a print on demand system like the
Internet Archive uses (http://www.archive.org/texts/bookmobile.php)
seems like a good way to print out copies for audiences of young
children; maybe a partnership could be set up with IA to specially
include these titles in their library of free works. It seems like
there are also various education portals and sites where links to
Wikijunior could be included to raise interest and name recognition;
I'm not especially familiar with such education sites but maybe others
are.

-- phoebe