[Foundation-l] Fwd: [WikiEducator] Hewlett Foundation award WikiEducator $100 000

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Oct 26 08:37:49 UTC 2007

This is great news for the entire free knowledge community. I consider
WikiEducator, in many ways, a sister project to our own initiatives,
especially Wikiversity. Wayne Mackintosh, who founded the project,
sits on our Advisory Board (and I sit on the WikiEducator Advisory
Board). He's also a friend and drives many key initiatives like this
one.

I'm especially pleased that the probably largest initiative ever for
capacity building around wiki use is taking place in developing
countries. The idea of the "Learning4Content" project - teachers get
instructed in the wiki use, and in return contribute their knowledge -
could very well be a model for us to follow.

Kudos to Wayne and everyone else who is making this happen. :-)