[Foundation-l] Fundraising amounts

Wikinews Markie newsmarkie at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 24 23:00:03 UTC 2007

I've just read the fund raising page properly and i think that some of the
amounts and descriptions are a bit....strange.

   - $200 – We can make Wikipedia available in developing countries
   through DVDs, books and pamphlets.

Well surely this could be done with $10 dollars, there just wouldn't be
much.... Maybe a quantity or something??

   - $100 – We can pay for two Wikipedia Academy events in Africa.

ok this one i can get but maybe needs a "to help provide knowledge to the
deprived" or something like that to pull at the heart (and purse) stings

   - $60 – We can send three students to our annual Wikimania conference.

err im sure this isn't what people want to donate to do.... does it really
need to be highlighted that your possibly paying for someone to travel??
maybe this needs clarification of who these "students" are and what
Wikimania will give them.

   - $40 – We can deliver 100 million pageviews of free information!

and i can get this one too but maybe have the one million as this ->
100,000,000,000 would give it a wow factor.

thoughts??

mark