[Foundation-l] EN discussing removing/replacing the banner

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 23 02:15:03 UTC 2007

On 10/23/07, Robert Rohde <rarohde at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, the Foundation could choose to allow EN to replace it.  I'm sure
> that if EN were encouraged to design a replacement they would manage
> something much better than what the Foundation first came up with.

Robert, you're a very smart and eloquent guy (not to mention
handsome). Would you be willing to take the lead in soliciting
alternative designs from the en.wp community? I agree with you that a
better design than the current one is certainly in the realm of the
possible *cough* ;-)

Remember, the fundraiser will be running for two months, so there's
plenty of time for optimization & bugfixes. I understand things had to
be taken live pretty quickly due to a lot of scheduled interviews and
such.
--
Toward Peace, Love & Progress:
Erik