[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Sweden

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Mon Oct 22 09:21:21 UTC 2007

Lars Aronsson wrote:

>Swedish tax law doesn't allow any tax deduction for donations, so
>we don't have to bother with that.  (You can start to donate right
>away!)  So far, we have a Swedish "Bankgiro" account 5822-9915,
>which is the common way for Swedish households to pay their bills.
>(What would be the best way for people outside of Sweden to donate
>money and pay fees? Should we get a Paypal account? Let me know!)

IBAN - International Bank Account Number. Ask whoever issued the bankgiro
number what the associated IBAN codes are, the bankgiro number will be
embedded in it. People in the U.S. will be somewhat reluctant to use this as
the fees for international transfers are quite high. Paypal will deal with
those cases.

For your Swedish residents ask your bank if there is any way they can help
streamline the donation and/or subscription process. I've seen some Belgian
sites with a direct link to ING's home banking system that, when you've
logged in, fills in the giro for you.

Brian.