[Foundation-l] two links

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 23:27:05 UTC 2007

Hello,

Sorry to disturb discussions on Wikimania, I just wanted to point to two
links of documents I read in the past few days.

The first was mentionned to me by one of the co-author of the book.
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Social_and_Cultural_Foundations_of_American_Education
I think it is very interesting to read. I actually learned a lot, and
some of it is MUCH more informed than the Wikipedia articles (see for
example the pages related to philosophy of education in the wikibooks
and on the english wikipedia).
It is a collection of essays written by students, under the benevolent
dictatorship of their teachers. Some is really of good quality.
On the other hand, I found quite "light" the pages dedicated to
"technology and education". One may perceive quite well that there is
very little documentation and litterature on the topic (so the students
did not always knew what to say). It is quite amuzing to see that 2
amongst 4 basically only mention Word, Excel and Powerpoint as
"technologies that might be use in education". I push the point a bit
far, but hardly :-)

The second is on wikiversity. It is actually a feature course, which is
why I found it...
http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Filmmaking
It is very very very cool stuff.

That's all folks :-)