[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 21:12:29 UTC 2007

Hoi,
ALL wikimedians have to consider that "when in Rome do as the Romans do".

It has little to do with sexual or whatever orientation; you have to adapt.\

Now for some risk analysis; you go to the Wikimania site, you arrive by
plain, take public transport, check in to the accommodations and you are
with people that are Wikimedians all the time. You go to presentations with
them, have something to eat with them, you are never alone. you are all the
time with Wikimedians.. truly these are people that just acquired a face,
you know them because of there being a @ in their name. Within a week you
are away...  Consequently you have hardly time to go outside of this bubble
of Wiki-dom, you hardly meet the locals and you meet them always with
others.

The risc is minute, this is based on how I have experienced three
wikimanias.

Thanks,
     GerardM