[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri Oct 12 18:44:51 UTC 2007

On 10/12/07, rfrangi at libero.it <rfrangi at libero.it> wrote:
> > on 10/12/07 1:57 PM, Anthony at wikimail at inbox.org wrote:

> > > I don't think you can choose your beliefsŠ
> >
> > Are you serious, Anthony?
> >
> > Marc Riddell
> >

> I think Anthony means that the possibility to choose your beliefs is storngly influenced by the environment in which you are raised.

First of all let me correct the misquote.  What I said was "I don't
think you can choose your beliefs any more than your taste in sexual
partners."

Now, let me give an example.  Could a non-Christian choose to become a
fundamentalist Christian?  I'd say it's maybe possible, but extremely
unlikely.  I think it's about as possible for someone to change their
taste in sexual partners.  Maybe it could be done, but it's extremely
unlikely.

Of course, I'm thinking adults here in both situations.

And this is all rather beside the point, because going to Egypt
doesn't require you to change your religion or your taste in sexual
partners.