[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Ted (Hsiang-Tai) Chien hsiangtai.chien at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 09:10:36 UTC 2007

Hi,

> From: Brian McNeil
>
> Ted (Hsiang-Tai) Chien wrote:
>
> "From my understanding, the Egypt government is serious on the safety of
> foreign people because the Egypt economy is based on tourism. If any
foreign
> people were been threatened or feel unsafe in their country, it would
affect
> their economy a lot. Maybe what I know is wrong, but that's what I learnt
> from the Taiwan singer issue in Egypt this May."
>
> Is this what you're referring to?
>
> http://www.chinapost.com.tw/news/archives/taiwan/2007228/103436.htm

Yes, that's the one (it seems I have bad memories on dates :P).

And on March 2 the MTV director confessed it's a fake gunpoint report due to
some misunderstanding and the singer Stephaine helped to promote Egypt to
Taiwan people after the Egypt travel agency made an announcement on the
Internet to request for a correction on the media.

If you wish to read the announcement, you could download the PDF from here:

http://www.solarempiretravel.com/sunyanzi_story.pdf (it's in Chinese)

Ted (Hsiang-Tai)