[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 10:07:53 UTC 2007

On 10/10/2007, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Had a location in western Europe been selected the costs would have
> > been much lower for eastern north America, most of europe, and I'm
> > guessing less costly for Australia.
>
> Well, yes... except for the part where there were no bids from western
> Europe this year that didn't drop out before the final judging :) Unless
> you're suggesting that the jury should start choosing the location by fiat,
> then it's awfully difficult to choose a community bid that doesn't exist.

I return to my proposal to just decree we take Frankfurt in odd years
and Boston in even ones and leave it at that. Everyone's evenly
annoyed ;-)

[okay, for flexibility, we can maybe rotate the European side among
Amsterdam and Paris, and the American one with New York or Toronto,
but it's the same broad idea...]

[ps: I am not entirely joking]

--
- Andrew Gray