[Foundation-l] Lingoz vs Wiktionary

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 10:56:09 UTC 2007

> On 04/10/2007, Przykuta <przykuta at o2.pl> wrote:
>
> > > http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/10/02/lingoz-wiktionary-done-right/
>
> > http://lingoz.com/en/pages/copyright_notice.aspx
>

> So they can expect the worldbeating success of the Open Directory Project, then.
>
> (My usual example of why making your data free content is important.)

I don't get it. Isn't this page more relevant?
http://lingoz.com/en/pages/terms_of_use.aspx
specifically
"You will continue to own all the rights you may have with respect to
your content. This means that your rights concerning the Content you
have contributed to us will not be claimed by Babylon as the property
of Babylon. "

Still build-our-product-for-us-for-nothing, but having a look at the
site I can understand why one would prefer to edit it than
Wiktionary...in a purely aesthetic sense.

cheers,
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/