[Foundation-l] Lingoz vs Wiktionary

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 20:06:50 UTC 2007

Hoi,
I have seen it. It is not a wiki, it has a user interface that is available
in several languages. But for me, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
I had a look at the work "filosofie" and found many words that were words
associated with that are clearly not, then again I was happily surprised
that they had the word Jimi (a language from Cameroon).

The title of the article is presumptuous, as I said it is not a wiki, you
can add definitions, but you cannot change the other information. This is
not necessarily bad but not being able to edit what is there ... I would say
that Wiktionary is better at that. So I compared "presumptuous", and I like
it that OmegaWiki shows the data in my native language. Wiktionary covers
more meanings and well, if lingoz is Wiktionary done right, I do not know
what went wrong.

Thanks,
    GerardM

http://lingoz.com/en/dictionary/filosofie