[Foundation-l] Thank you for discussing my Top 25 Nonprofit LIst

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 20:05:04 UTC 2007

On 10/3/07, Allan Benamer <abenamer at nonprofittechblog.org> wrote:
> I was wondering if Wikimedia could use the Quantcast Javascript tag so I
> would be able to track Wikimedia's URLs in real-time.

Sorry, Probably not.

> If that's not possble,
> it would be great if the Foundation simply just released the web site
> statistics for all its URLs.

We can probably do something like that. What information would be useful?

We are pretty much already releasing all the statistics we generate,
i.e. almost nothing. :)

With the exception of information we need to keep private to protect
our readers and contributors we are interested in operating in the
most open manner possible. Releasing bulk site statistics is
consistent with that.