[Foundation-l] GFDL and relicensing

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 22:41:10 UTC 2007

On 21/11/2007, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> You mean "the minority of contributors who believe their content
> cannot be migrated in a way that is satisfactory to them *and find out
> what we're doing*". I think you're mainly relying on people not
> noticing, which doesn't seem very moral to me.

They signed up for "or later." If they didn't mean that, they
shouldn't have contributed. Really really.

I don't know about other wikis, but on en:wp trying to repudiate your
contributions or claim that they are declared not subject to the
license you agree to contribute under each and every time you press
"submit" tends to lead to a blocking to avoid further legal danger.

- d.