[Foundation-l] [EWW] Edit Wikipedia Week

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 17:44:36 UTC 2007

On 20/11/2007, Christophe Henner <christophe.henner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I make a general answers and explaination of my point of view.
>
> First we're lacking of time. Two personn working on this, in 3weeks
> time... I'd be glad if it has any success.
>
> Second, I took this and wanted to make it a Community project. This
> means, I started it, I'll try to make it leave and be a success BUT
> it's all up to you. YOU are the community. If YOU want it to be
> successful, go on, help, organize. Moreover the posters have two weeks
> to be fixed, so we still can do it.
>
> You must see what as been done as the groundwork, it's up to you all
> to build a magnificent project... or to let it remain groundwork.
>
> I am now, still working on the global project, but will work on the
> french ones. Personnally, I will try to get the community involved,
> organise meetings in public place, I don't know yet, the starbucks
> idea is interesting, but I'll try to make it a success within France
> (and also elsewhere as much as I can).
>
> I'm a bit disappointed, because for ONCE we have a full community
> project, we can  make something up from scratches... but people are
> moaning. My point is, when the board or anyone comes here with a fully
> prepared project, you moan because you haven't been consulted. And
> when we give you full power on a project, you moan because it's not
> fully prepared. So what?
>
> Anyway, you may disagree, but for now, this being a success, is up to
> you, community.
>

> --
> schiste

Much better. You are not trying to present it as a finished bit of
work any more you admit the problems. Now we can fix them.

For the posters see:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Graphic_Lab
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Graphic_Lab
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bilderwerkstatt
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Atelier_graphique
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Taller_gr%C3%A1fico
http://lb.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Billeratelier

They may exist in other languages but if they do I don't know about it.

There are for starbucks type things meetups planed in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Melbourne_8
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/DC_3
(sorry but I really don't know what non en projects are doing in this respect)

Do you think we should be giving them a poke?

--
geni