[Foundation-l] Wikimedia contacts

Sean Whitton sean at silentflame.com
Mon Nov 12 10:37:14 UTC 2007

On 11/12/07, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> The contacts are listed on meta, but they're not there to resolve
> personal disputes you have with people on IRC. As the page says "the
> contacts have a policy of staying out of channel affairs..."
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_Group_Contacts

For the record, I am the person to go to at the moment rather than
James as he has delegated 99% of the work to me due to other
commitments. You are right though that we try to stay out of this at
all costs. The correct order for escalation of issues is the
following, but really anything past the first few layers is a last
resort:

For #wikipedia:
Op who banned
#wikimedia-ops (where I hope bans are used extremely sparingly)
Deputy Channel Contact, NotACow/kayrnn/Kelly
Channel Contact: Mark_Ryan
IRC Group Contacts

Sean