[Foundation-l] Firefox and its 52m budget

Joe Szilagyi szilagyi at gmail.com
Tue May 22 18:02:16 UTC 2007

On 5/22/07, Joe Szilagyi <szilagyi at gmail.com> wrote:

> If they're a non-profit, this could be a good thing. Additional revenue
> for free for WP, and additional traffic (substantial) for Firefox.

Just to clarify for those unaware:

http://www.mozilla.org/foundation/partnerships.html

"Our mission is to develop world class, open source, fully standards
compliant Internet technologies and applications and to ensure that our
software is broadly adopted so that we can ensure that more than 500 million
Internet users will continue to have meaningful choice for web browsers,
e-mail software and more.

We can't achieve these goals by ourselves, so we partner with for-profit and
non-profit organizations that share our vision.

The Mozilla project has developed a range of partnerships with organizations
ranging from peers in the open source community, start-up companies that are
building businesses based on Mozilla technologies and some of the world's
leading IT vendors, including IBM, Sun Microsystems and Red Hat."

Regards,
Joe
http://www.joeszilagyi.com