[Foundation-l] [announcement] new staff member in businessdevelopment

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun May 20 14:14:10 UTC 2007

Anthony wrote:
> On 5/20/07, Casey Brown <cbrown1023 at comcast.net> wrote:
>> You seriously do not understand the inner-workings of this organization.  We
>> do not have "millions of dollars" right now, we have enough to get by and
>> probably some more, but we definitely do not have the large amount you are
>> talking about.
>
> I'm sorry if I implied that the WMF currently had "millions of
> dollars".  The fact is I have no idea how much the WMF currently has,
> as it stopped regular disclosure of this information years ago and
> hasn't yet resumed doing so.

WMF is regularly disclosing information about the MILLIONS of dollars
raised by donations.

Regularly is probably about every minute or so.

Please check http://fundraising.wikimedia.org/

There is history of donations since january 2006.
Prior data may be found in audited financial statements for the past 3
years, available here: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Finance_report

The donation website was set up end of 2006. It is a huge improvement
over past reporting system.

Ant