[Foundation-l] 09-f9-...

Jesse Martin (Pathoschild) pathoschild at gmail.com
Thu May 10 01:29:18 UTC 2007

Hello,

What does it matter whether or not we're likely to be sued? if it is
illegal, it's not free content; users can't reuse it under the GFDL
without violating the law. Get the law changed if you think it absurd,
then we can distribute the key all we want.

Maybe I'm of a dying breed of idealogists, but aren't we here
specifically to write *free* content? I didn't think that included
anything we can host without getting sued into oblivion. Should I add
copyrighted lyrics to Wikisource? They're cool, free speech, we're
unlikely to be sued, et cetera— too bad about the lack of freedom, but
hey, who cares? Apparently not the community of the Foundation
dedicated to developing and maintaining free content.

Yours cordially,
Jesse Martin (Pathoschild)