[Foundation-l] Wikireader (was re: Wikimania 2007 Team Bulletin, March 25, 2007)

Titoxd@Wikimedia titoxd.wikimedia at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 02:10:40 UTC 2007

One question: were the de.wp WikiReaders "published" (meaning that they were
done by a commercial entity and sold to the public) or not? Were the en.wp
WikiReaders "published" as well, or were they just handed out at Wikimania?
I ask this because the Version 1.0 Editorial Team is interested in picking
this up and producing commercially available WikiReaders (and several
WikiProjects have announced that they're interested in this: WikiProjects
Military History, LGBT studies and Tropical cyclones, off the top of my
head. Military History has actually begun work on this at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:MILPUB . However, remembering the Lulu Press
incident, we want to make sure all our ducks are in a row.

Titoxd.