[Foundation-l] Censorship: Speedy deletion of porn articles

Jeff V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Thu Mar 8 22:02:36 UTC 2007

The Cunctator wrote:

>In essence, what I am saying here is that the OPENNESS and NPOV
>

>>viewpoints are PART OF THE ENGLISH WIKIPEDIA CULTURE. I agree
>>they are erstwhile concepts and important, but they are very much
>>European attitudes, and not all cultures embrace them the same way.
>>

>Impressive, that you consider NPOV, the core policy of Wikipedia (not just
>the English Wikipedia), part of the English Wikipedia culture.

How is putting labels on people to create external bias NPOV? Here is
one area where our culture
and the english wikipedia culture differ. We do not ever put labels on
people this way. Someone's
personal sexual behavior is private, and certainly not an open topic in
an encyclopedia.

>>You seem to imply that the NPOV varies from language to language.
>>

>>Yep. It does.
>>

>Do you recognize that as a problem?

Yes, it can be. What is NPOV to you may not be to me (as evidenced by my
previous comment).

Jeff