[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Job: Volunteer Coordinator

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Fri Mar 2 13:01:05 UTC 2007

On 3/1/07, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are some ranges estimated, but nobody knows for sure.
> Catastrophic events such as relatively sudden loss of the Greenland
> Ice Sheet, or West Antarctic Sheet, would cause a relatively swift
> rise.

Are there any reasonable predictions that a significant sea rise could
occur in a matter of days or weeks?  If so, I'd certainly like to hear
about this.  I always thought "incredibly swift" in terms of this
situation meant a couple feet a year.

> Where is the data duplicated?  Where are the servers duplicated?  What
> will the impact be to users of a cutover to the disaster recovery
> site(s), in terms of performance and lag and downtime?

Are the servers in a hurricane evacuation zone?  I thought it was only
the office (and staff) that had to be *really* worried about.