[Foundation-l] Welcome Sue !

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 07:22:04 UTC 2007

On 6/28/07, Florence Devouard <anthere at anthere.org> wrote:

> Please join me in welcoming Sue Gardner to the Wikimedia Foundation. Sue
> joins us today as a consultant and special advisor to the Wikimedia
> Board of Trustees.

Firstly, welcome to Sue.

Secondly, and this is directed more at the Board, I understand that
Sue has been hired as a "consultant and special advisor" and not as
Executive Director at least partly because of immigration-related
restrictions on the work she is presently entitled to perform in the
United States. Will the Board be providing the community with a
description of the position "consultant and special advisor"? Are
there any substantive differences between this position and that of
Executive Director?

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com